A Lenten Journey: Setting Your Spiritual Life on Fire
The St. Michael Parish Mission is March 1st – 3rd
! This is an opportunity to take some time to quiet your busy life and be renewed in your faith. It’s also a time for the parish to come together as a community and “Set Your Spiritual Life on Fire!” The mission presenter is Dr. Tom Curran, national speaker, radio host, author and theologian, and he will be giving inspiring talks on the following themes each evening of the mission.
- Sunday, Mar 1st, 7pm
- Go Out Into the Deep: Developing Your Personal Prayer Life
- How often have you heard someone say, “I don’t know how to pray.” Maybe you’ve said it yourself. Why do we find it so difficult to engage in this most fundamental means of coming to know God our Father? During this evening presentation, Dr. Tom Curran will explain six attitudes that are at the foundation of a fruitful prayer life. He will also explore the principles and practices for developing a daily life of prayer. Don’t miss this special opportunity to revitalize your prayer life as you embark on your Lenten journey!
- Monday, Mar 2nd, 7pm
- What Are You Saying God? How to Recognize and Respond to God's Call For Your Life
- The Lord is speaking to you today and every day. Are you listening? Come to this evening presentation and learn how to hear God’s voice and discern what His will is for your today and for your life. Using the theological and traditional teachings of the Catholic Church, Dr. Tom Curran will explore the topic of discernment and teach us how to apply this practice in our everyday lives.
- Tuesday, Mar 3rd, 7pm
- Confession: Five Sentences That Will Heal Your Life
- Do you avoid going to Confession? Do you find the idea of going to Confession intimidating? Do you only go to Confession as part of your “Easter duty”? If you answered, “Yes” to any or all of these questions, then this presentation is for you. The sacrament of Confession is fundamental to living life as a Catholic Christian disciple of Jesus. Yet Catholics are running from the confessional instead of to the confessional. Come to this Lenten event and discover what you have been missing! Prepare for an encounter with God that will bring you a freedom and joy that this world cannot give and cannot take away - an encounter with God that will “heal your life”.
Church Renovation: A Lenten Mission with Fr. Marc
Fr Marc invites you to join him
March 2nd- 4th at St Mary from 9:00 am to 10:30 am
to explore how to renovate and reinvigorate our hearts and minds, as well as our families and our parish this Lent!
The Imitation of Christ - A prayerful Reflection Series
A Lenten spiritual enrichment opportunity, presented by
will meet for 4
Saturday sessions from
10:00am - 11:30am in Drouin Hall
. Based on excerpts from
The Imitation of Christ
written by Thomas Kempis between 1420 and 1427.
Registration forms are available in the Church or at Gabriel House.
The cost for the course is $17 and includes all needed materials.
- Meeting dates are: 2/21, 2/28, 3/7, and 3/21
Revelation is the first “ongoing” study in The Great Adventure Bible Study Program. In this intriguing look at one of the most talked-about books in Scripture, Jeff Cavins explores Revelation to demonstrate how the kingdom established by Christ in His Church is intimately connected with the kingdom of heaven, especially through the celebration of the Mass. You will learn what all the mysterious figures and images of Revelation present, as well as what will happen during the Second Coming of Christ, what has already happened, and what is happening now in salvation history.
Join us for Revelation: The Kingdom Yet to Come at St. Michael Cotter Hall from7:00 pm to 9:00 pm continuing every Tuesday, January 13 - March 31.
For more information or to register for the study, call Tom at 603-772-2494 or via email
Faith & Fun Fridays for Middle School
Mark down these dates and invite a friend! All are welcome.
Michael House from 6:30 pm-8 pm
High School Youth Group
Youth grades 9-12 welcome!
Every Sunday 6:30pm-8:30pm at Michael House
Contact Becca for more information at email@example.com
With the gift of Jesus’ Precious Blood on the Cross and in the Eucharist, let us reflect on the freedom given to us through our Baptism into him — to be heirs of the promise and liberated from sin. The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is the way by which persons become “citizens of the Kingdom” through Baptism, Confirmation, and Eucharist. Inquiry sessions are ongoing. For more information, please contact Brian Harrison in the Office of Evangelization at Gabriel House, or e-mail Evangelist@stmichaelparish.org